Why do we observe Home Safety Month?
- 55 people die in their homes each day and another 58,000 are injured and seek medical care
- These casualties can be avoided by taking simple home safety precautions
What are some common injuries you can prevent in your home?
- The Home Safety Council lists 5 home safety issues you can prevent in their Home Safety Brochure
- Prevent Falls
- Prevent Fires
- Prevent Fires and Burns
- Prevent Choking and Suffocation
- Be Smart around Water
- To see how to prevent these issues, view the brochure here.
Important to Know
- Call 911 for emergencies. Calling from a cell phone may not give dispatch enough information to pinpoint your location. Be ready to describe where you are located.
- Poison Control Number is 1-800-222-1222
- Check and make sure your smoke alarms are working. Replace batteries if need be.
If you have any other home safety tips this month, please feel free to share!